Cloud DevOps Engineer
Maistering is a global start-up with strong foundations. It is funded by experienced enterprise players and executing on a game plan to become the global leader in executive orchestration tooling – a brand new category and fascinating playground.
Maistering leverages AI to the max to support business leaders in mastering their objectives and execution, stimulating and facilitating their teams and maximizing business impact.
Maistering provides CXOs and other leaders with a unique approach and tools platform – wired by a compact field team that works in sprints to deliver ‘intent to impact’ solutions and enablement.
A leader leveraging the Maistering way and tools will naturally change the way she leads, augmented in a truly differentiating way by powerful, next generation AI.
Maistering is not a classical consultancy agency, nor is it a solutions provider. Instead, it fluently fuses its unique toolset with an organic change approach. It thus brings the CXO’s personal leadership to new, master levels.
Maistering. Augmenting masters.
Maistering is born as a global AI player with headquarters in Amsterdam / Rotterdam and R&D in Bangalore. In 2019 shop will be set-up in 7 countries. The tools platform will be ready for application in Q1/Q2 2019.
In July and August, the platform development team will be completed. The first versions of the product will be available in Q3, to be elaborated with contributing CXOs in Q4 of 2018. Sales will start April 2019.
Cloud DevOps Engineer
Permanent Job, Full Time
. . .
The right candidate should possess/demonstrate –
- Technical degree (Computer Science or Math) or equivalent professional experience
- 4+ or more years of designing and implementing distributed architectures/applications
- Strong communication skills – must be able to communicate effectively with technical staff and executives
- Ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
- Hands-on experience leading the design, development and deployment of business software at scale or current hands on technology infrastructure, network, compute, storage, and virtualization experience
- Experience with software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies
- Familiarity with IT compliance and risk management requirements (e.g. security, privacy, SOX, HIPAA etc.)
- Ability to learn and understand new technologies quickly
- Technology certifications with Cloud and relevant application OEM, skill networks
- Familiarity with AWS and Azure cloud automation templates
- Strong scripting skills, i.e., PowerShell, Python, Bash, Ruby, Perl, etc.
- Prior success in automating a real-world production environment, e.g. with Puppet, Chef in production environments with many nodes
- Background in cloud-based operations with understanding of concepts such as distributed systems, alerting, monitoring, logging, and incident management.
- Understanding of Linux and / or Microsoft core system fundamentals, command-line operations, scripting, and service monitoring.
- Experience working with Visual Studio Team System; also Jenkins, Jira, Git.
- Experience with automation and configuration management.
- Experience with Docker cluster and associated management tools (Kubernetes, Swarm, etc.).
- Affinity with server-less computing, e.g. Azure Functions
- Strong understanding of networking concepts and technologies.
The selected candidate will be expected to –
- Designing and building infrastructure to support our Cloud services and development ecosystems
- Creating and utilizing tools to monitor our applications and services in the cloud including system health indicators, trend identification, and anomaly detection.
- Automating system build outs and the application deployment process, using DevOps toolchains.
- Working with development teams to help engineer scalable, reliable, and resilient software running in the cloud.
- Participating in troubleshooting and resolution of product, service and code deployment issues for internal development teams and clients
- Enhancing monitoring of systems, services and infrastructure to proactively solve problems before they occur
- Analyze and monitor performance bottlenecks and key metrics to optimize software and system performance.
- Providing analytics and forecasts for cloud capacity, troubleshooting analysis, and uptime
- All the vibe of an aspiring, passionate start-up, yet exposure to the best leaders of some of the greatest enterprise clients in the world.
- A fascinating team mix of experience (a lot), young ambition (even more) and daring innovation (everywhere).
- Global and multi-cultural by design, unlimited possibilities for an international career.
- Applying some of the very, very latest in AI, user experience technology and integration flow platforms.
- A top-level boutique, offering top-level salaries to top-level people
- Despite all focus on bleeding edge AI, Maistering puts the human touch, ethics and decency above anything else.